The hoverboard is becoming famous for commuter purposes due to its credibility and easy way of moving. People love to stroll on it and keep themselves relaxed during a cold winter evening.
Riding a hoverboard is an adventurous activity to do until it starts turning off randomly. This problem does not restrict itself to frustration, but its sudden stop can cause you to jump forward or fall, sometimes worse due to riding on a busy road.
The causes behind the sudden turning off of your hoverboard can be vast. Nevertheless, one can easily fix it after rooting out the problem. This article will provide you with a comprehensive explanation of this unfortunate occurrence.
The hoverboard turns off randomly.
Usually, the two problems are interrelated. That includes;
- The hoverboard turns off randomly
- Hoverboard throws you off
But both of these problems are easy to solve, and in most cases, the issue is related to the battery.
What is the prime cause behind the hoverboard shutting off by itself?
- The major reason behind this random shutting off is the malfunctioning of the electric components of the hoverboard.
- In most cases, it is not the hoverboard’s battery that is creating the problem and allegedly trying to stop the hoverboard suddenly. This is because of low charging capability.
- If the charger is not charging the hoverboard properly, then it is quite obvious that your battery will trip soon and will disturb your enthusiastic ride.
What are the charger-related problems with hoverboards?
The charger is a necessary component of the hoverboard. Without it, your hoverboard is nothing more than a skeleton. Yet, the problems a charger could face are;
- The ports might fail to give full voltage to the charger, so it might not charge properly.
- Most likely, you are using a defective charger or a charger that is a misfit for your hoverboard’s battery.
- To connect the charger properly, you should connect it correctly and wait to see if the lights turn on. If the red light starts, then it means that you have connected it properly.
- Do not use the infected charger, which can damage the entire battery. So, you have to replace the charger in this regard. You can order it from a hoverboard store near your home.
How to connect the charger to the hoverboard?
The steps to charge a hoverboard includes;
- Plug the charger into the hoverboard and wait for the red light.
- The red light remains for a short period and soon turns green. And if your hoverboard does not initially display the red light, it means you are using a defective charger, and you need to replace it with a new, healthy one.
- To solve the problem, try a new charger, and if it still does not show the red light, the problem is most likely in your hoverboard, not the charger.
What are some possible defects in the battery of my hoverboard?
- Imbalance of battery cells
- Having high temperatures than average batteries.
- Having a low battery state.
- Improper current flow from and to the battery.
- The unhealthy state of the battery
How to fix a hoverboard’s battery that turns off randomly?
If you are certain that the problem is with the battery and not with your device, the best way to solve it is to replace it with a new one.
Do not select the battery randomly from the hoverboard store. Always read the script given along with your hoverboard and select the battery accordingly.
If you are sure that the battery is not problematic and the hoverboard has some issues, go to an expert to thoroughly examine your hoverboard.
The fault can be in the motherboard, which stops working after a minor breakage. So, in this case, either you have to fix the problem by inserting a new motherboard, or you can also fix the old one.
How to reset the hoverboard if it turns off randomly?
Sometimes, your hoverboard needs a reset to work properly. So, in this regard, you have to follow the following steps;
- First, turn off your hoverboard.
- Now, take it on a balanced surface.
- Press the power button for 6 to 8 seconds till it starts beeping.
- You will find beeps along with the lights.
- Now, wait for a while—about 30 seconds—so that it will reset.
- Now free the power button and let it turn off.
- Turn on your hoverboard, which has been reset.
Frequently asked questions.
Which hoverboard has the longest battery time?
We experienced different hoverboards. Among them, the Tomoloo hoverboard with LED lights has the longest battery life, having a total running time of four hours. This vast operating time gives you a much more reliable and fearless journey.
What if my hoverboard is too charged?
To charge your hoverboard for several hours is not a good approach. And if you continue this habit of overnight charging, you might lose your hoverboard’s battery. Or it can be burned due to extra consumption of power in it.
Can my 10-year-old son ride a hoverboard?
It all depends upon the nature of the track on which your son is going to ride and the size of the hoverboard. Normally, a hoverboard with 6.5 inches wheel is best for your kid. But, remember you have to allow your 10-years-old-son to ride under your supervision
Hoverboards, being a thrill ride, also get many issues, and suddenly turning off is one of them. Yet, resolving it is not a big deal. The tips mentioned above will help you a lot in this regard. We wish you the best for your hoverboard ride.