There is no denying the fact that the unique features, safety, and affordability of electric scooters have raised their demands not only in one country but also in the whole world. Electric scooters are equally famous among kids and adults you might be thinking of the cost of an electric scooter.
For a safe and durable journey, electric scooters are considered to be the best transportation means. Even in the range of electric scooters, there are so many varieties that you can select as per your requirements. Electric scooters are the safest and most affordable traveling options among all the available transportation.
Electric is no doubt, the best electric vehicle for personal usage and that is the main reason for their increasing fame across the globe. We can categorize the scooters into two broader types i-e. manual scooters and electric scooters. Manual scooters are not very easy to handle and they cost you a bit cheaper. But electric scooters are not only very easy and very comfortable to ride but also they cost you a bit higher.
If you want to have a journey full of thrill and joy, you must go for electric scooters. Always analyze your needs and expertise before purchasing an e-scooter for you.
Maintaining electric scooters is also easy when compared with other transportation tools. If you haven’t bought a scooter before and you are planning to buy one, you might be thinking of the cost of an electric scooter. If you have such plans, we will help regarding the cost of electric scooters.
If you have bought an electric scooter with elite features like high speed, massive LED lights, long battery time, etc. you have to pay the high cost. The cost of maintaining such electric scooters is also much higher. But if you buy an electric scooter with low and basic features, it will cost you lower and the cost of their maintenance will also be lower.
In this article, we will guide you about the unique features which make up the price of an electric scooter. Also, it will be helpful for you to have a brief list of the best electric scooters at the lowest possible cost.
Read Our Reviews:
Factors affecting the electric scooter cost
There are some prominent factors on the basis of which the price of electric scooters is determined.
- First, you need to find out which features you are looking for in your electric scooter. If you are at the beginning level and you are buying a basic level scooter, it will cost you lower compared with those which have some extra features. The price of electric scooters with some basic features like low ride coverage and minimal riding speed, etc. will range between 100-120 USD. If you are buying this basic level electric scooter, you cannot only use it yourself but also it can be used by your kids.
- If you are buying an electric scooter with some advanced features, it will cost a bit higher like above 150 and up to 220 USD. In such electric scooters, features are more than the basic genre. Self-control and self-balancing are monitored by the inner automatic mechanics of the electric scooters.
- If you want high speed, stunt capacity and want to ride your electric scooter in between rough terrain, this will raise the cost of an electric scooter for you. These electric scooters usually cost between 5-600 USD.
- Electric scooters have an extensive weight carrying capacity ranging from 180-to 330 lbs.
- There is an automatic control system inside the electric scooter which monitors and controls the wheel movements automatically. So, the rider has to do nothing but just to start the ride and the rest of the labor belongs to the ride itself.
- If you get tired or bored of standing while riding the electric scooter you can also get its seat installed. You can install the seat for sitting or can uninstall it while riding your electric scooter.
- There are so many varieties of electric scooters that you can buy them as per your needs. For example, broken leg scooters have been introduced for making traveling easier for those who have one broken leg or have just some surgical treatment on one leg.
- The seats along with other body parts are waterproof. So you can use them even in bad weather conditions.
- Don’t get panic about the rising prices of fuel. You don’t need to wait in the long queues to fill your tank with fuel. All you need is just to press the start button and go for your ride with your friends. This personal commute will take you on a tour without any fuel cost. You can enjoy your ride coupled with speed and comfort.
- If you are a beginner and if your kids are taking the ride, you won’t be worried about the brake system. The brakes are available in both manual and automatic modes. The brakes can be applied automatically if the electric scooter loses control or you can apply it yourself easily. In most electric scooters, the brakes are installed on both sides of the handle so you can apply the brake from either side that is handier for you.
- You will also have the option of folding your e-scooter. Fold your electric scooter and take it with you while traveling somewhere. You can use it wherever you want to depend on the type of e-scooter that you have.
- Electric scooters are known for high speed and stability on the surface. You can reach the speed of 40-50 mph in some high-quality and elite e-scooters.
Best electric scooters at affordable prices
Coupled with elite performance and high speed, electric scooters are providing the most elite transportation experience to riders. There are so many types of electric scooters that you can buy any which suits your requirements and meets your budget.
Finding the best electric scooter at the cheapest price is a bit difficult because you have to go through a lot of research. But for saving your time and efforts, we have researched and presented here a brief list of the cheapest e-scooters that you can go through. Here we have compiled a brief list of e-scooters within the best price that you can purchase according to your needs:
Segway ninebot is an amazing option for you that you can use as an adult. The average size of tires ranges between 7-8 inches which is suitable to ride on any terrain. You can also fold this e-scooter and take it wherever you want while traveling somewhere. The average weight of the scooter is around 41.2 pounds but that doesn’t affect its performance on the plain or rocky surfaces. As far as speed is concerned the average speed of the Segway ninebot electric scooter ranges between 18 and 19 mph.
The powerful motors of 350-watt enable the rider to go as far as 40 miles in one go with a full charge.
If you want a good speed along with comfort, here is another good choice for you. With Swagtron, you will be able to go faster by 18 mph and around 11 miles away. This can be a real fun for you if you are in the initial phase of learning the ride of e-scooters.
With a wheel size of 8.5 inches, you can ride on any surface and with the maximum speed that is compatible with this e-scooter. The power 250W motor is specialized in providing electric power to this scooter so that you may enjoy the real thrill of an e-scooter. You can go far by 11 miles and the maximum speed that you can attain is around 18-19 mph.
If you want real speed with a good weight carrying capacity, this is another good choice for you. The average amount that you would spend on this e-scooter is around 500 USD. The top manufacturers also back the warranty of around 1 year. You can travel as far as up to 20 km with this e-scooter.
The rider should be below the weight of around 100 kgs for enjoying this ride for a long and smooth period. This e-scooter will take you safely anywhere you want. The ride duration will certainly prolong your joy of traveling. You must completely charge the batteries of the e-scooter before setting your journey to start. The automatic controlling and balancing of this e-scoter will not let you fall.
Gotrax GXL V2
Gotrax GXL V2 has all the basic features that your kids might need and this e-scooter comes at the cheapest price of just 300 USD. With a traveling capacity of around 17 km, you can also claim with the manufacturer if any bad thing happens to your e-scooter because this e-scooter comes under a warranty of around 3 months.
The highest speed that has been recorded for this e-scooter is 21 km/h. this is a perfect match for your adult kids and even you can purchase it for the learning purpose. Though the maximum rider weight is recommended for this ride is 100 kg but we advise you don’t buy it if your weight is above 80 kg for a smooth riding experience.
Always, start your ride with a slow pace and try to begin with the plain terrain. If you have attained enough experience in riding an e-scooter, you can speed up and go for rocky terrain.
Electric scooters are safer and very easy to ride when compared with other electric vehicles like unicycles and hoverboards, etc. Keeping in view the increasing demand of electric scooters, they are now being manufactured for not only adults but also for kids. Depending on the price you pay and the features that you would like to have in your electric scooter, you can ride it on the terrain which is suitable for it.
This is true that among all the available personal means options, electric scooters are the easiest to operate and maintain. There is a wide variety of electric scooters available in the market to satisfy the desires from the initial level to the expert level that one can get confused.
Certainly, nobody would prefer to spend money again and again on buying the same thing, and purchasing the cost-effective and perfect personal commute, is really a big task. For your guidance, we have already provided a brief list of the cheapest yet best electric scooters that you can scroll up and read.
Some quick safety measures
If you are in the learning phase, we recommend you purchase beginner-level e-scooters with slow speed and less powerful batteries. But if you are an expert try using expert-level e-scooters with a speed above 20 mph and battery power of about 500 w. Selecting the e-scooter from the beginner to expert level will raise your confidence and you will be better able to enjoy more and ride in a perfect way.
In searching for cheap e-scooters, don’t compromise on quality. Quality should be given the top priority. There are some e-scooters with the cheapest rates but with low quality mostly from local companies’ manufacturers. We advise you to check customer reviews and the prominent specifications of e-scooters before placing the order.
Another useful tip is to use safety equipment before starting your tour. It will keep your sensitive body parts safe and you will be able to enjoy more. If you use your e-scooter frequently on daily basis, you should also go for its wheel-alignment frequently. If you are riding your e-scooter on a plain surface, you don’t need a wheel alignment for an average of 4 months. E-scooters run on wheels and they play the main role in filling thrill while riding. So, don’t ignore if your wheels are not properly aligned. Always check your e-scooter before starting your journey.
Though many e-scooters support riding in bad weather conditions we recommend you avoid using your e-scooter in slippery terrain during bad weather conditions especially if you are not an expert.
Whether you are buying an electric scooter for yourself or for your kids, do check the functions and the quality of your ride.