Cycling has been the most enjoyable ride since its invention. If you want to remember the mesmerizing memories of your childhood, riding a bicycle with your friends would be one of them. However, as advancement occurs in every field over time, it will be unfair for the cycle to remain unmodified. So, technology impacts it in the form of electric bikes. People are now more conscious regarding their health, physical fitness, and non-polluted travel. In this regard, the electric bike proves to be perfect. As you have ridden a bicycle in your childhood, you also want to make your kid’s childhood as memorable as yours.
But you don’t know whether your kid has reached the age where he/she can drive an electric bike or not. Well, it is the most important question that people usually ask. However, the answer states that it depends upon multifarious factors, just as,
The age of your kid, the speed of the e-bike, the availability of cycling tracks, and most importantly, the laws and regulations of your state for electric bike riding all come into play.
Although the police become lenient in cases of kids if your kid is caught riding an e-bike while underage according to your laws, he/she will surely be fine according to the Road Traffic Offenders Act. Although it is not a major violation of the law, the guardian will still be cautious the next time.
If you are eager to buy an e-bike for your child, you must consider the following factors.
There are generally two types of bikes that are
- Pedal assisted e-bike
- Throttle-assisted e-bike.
- The features of the bike reveal themselves by the name. The throttle-assisted e-bike contains the motor. The wheels of such bikes are in control of the motor. They resemble scooters more than bikes.
- The other type is the pedal-assisted e-bike. This bike is somehow controlled by your feet as some extra push is given to the pedal to boost the speed. The additional power a motor provides the pedals does not cross the limits, such as 20-30miles per hour.
These bikes are the best choice for children under 17 years old. Also, there is some relaxation of the age limit on these bikes so that kids aged 10–16 can ride them. Still, there is a need to know the laws and regulations of your region.
As discussed above, different states have different laws for e-bikes. Some of them demand a license for this ride, such as Missouri, Alabama, North Dakota, New Mexico, and many more. However, many countries demand nothing for its use. However, in every country, the age of the driver is something that the government must consider seriously. Moreover, a helmet and other safety equipment is necessary for e-bike riders.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoverboard/by Wikipedia
- https://kidsbestride.com/hoverboard-age-limit/https://health.choc.org/are-electric-bikes-e-bikes-safe-for-kids-how-to-prevent-injuries/ Published: July 28, 2022
- https://easyebiking.com/what-age-ride-electric-bike/ Written BY: Igor Karni
- https://electricbicycleplanet.com/how-old-do-kids-need-to-be-to-ride-an-electric-bike/ Written By: Daniel
- https://bikerenovate.com/does-electric-bikes-need-license/ Written BY: on
- https://www.exposedmagazine.co.uk/features/how-to-teach-your-child-to-ride-a-scooter/ Added on: EXPOSED MAGAZINE