A piece of equipment that is known as a small balance wheel often called hover-board or swegway. Unlike other equipment, these smart wheels need to be calibrated timely so you have to learn important guidelines that will help you to reset a hoverboard. These general guidelines can be applied to any hoverboard but specifically for the Rolab R1 hoverboard. This equipment can be calibrated by very simple steps and we have provided the following guidelines;
How to calibrate a swegway hoverboard?
If your hoverboard is synchronizing these issues than it is a good idea to calibrate your instrument.
- Make sure the battery is full before calibrating your hoverboard
- Shut down your hoverboard with the assistance of a power button
- Now level your hoverboard and press the silver power button until hearing a beep
- After this, the LED lights on the front of your device will flash. Now left your hover-board as it is for approximately 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, shut off your hover-board once again by pressing the silver power button
- Now, if after all the measures taken as mentioned above, your hoverboard is not calibrating just according to your expectations, you should check the other tools present in your system.
High roller hoverboard won’t charge
When you plug your hoverboard charger into a wall plug, the light present on the charger appears green. Make sure that all the prongs are correctly positioned.
- A high roller hoverboard charger is out of order
- A high roller hoverboard battery needs to be replaced
If a high roller hoverboard charger is out of order?
It is also possible that the charger of the hoverboard is broken. In most cases the charger or the slot of the device is defective that must be replaced to fix the error. Following is the guideline to test the charger of the hoverboard.
- Plug the charger into the socket. A green light should be lit
- Plug the charger into your hoverboard and the green light will turn red
- If there is a red light then jump to step #7 otherwise continue following procedure stepwise
- If no light is turned ON then check the power supply. If the power supply is working then your charger is defective
- If the electric socket is working properly then you need to buy a new charger
- To get a full battery charge, wait for 2-3 hours
- After Charging the hoverboard unplug it from the charger and turn it ON by clicking the button
- Now, if it does not turns ON it may be due to wiring problems. If it turns ON proceed to the next steps.
- The battery will have a little amount of charge if both lights are ON. If one of green light is blinking the device may have a 20% charge. If the red light is turned ON and hoverboard starts beeping then the battery is very low, maybe up to 5%. Never ride a hoverboard in such a situation
- In the case when both lights are green, you can ride the hoverboard. If then the battery does not last very long, then it may not be the battery but the defective charger.
A high roller hoverboard battery needs to be replaced
- Unplug the charger from the hoverboard to determine either it is full or empty
- Turn your hoverboard ON after unplugging the charger
- Now after getting charged your hoverboard fully turn it ON. If the light present on the front of your hoverboard remains red than it is a sign that your battery is defective and it needs to be replaced by a new one
- If your hoverboard won’t turn on after a full charge then it is a clue that your battery is defective and it should be changed
How to calibrate & reset a hoverboard in less time?
So far we are discussing to calibrate a hoverboard, but sometimes calibrating a hoverboard with Bluetooth is different. Similarly, different models of hoverboard require slightly different solutions due to the position of their ON/OFF buttons. In the article below we will discuss different issues related to hoverboards
How to calibrate a hoverboard with Bluetooth
Follow the below steps to calibrate your hoverboard using Bluetooth. And also keep in mind incorrect steps carried of missing any step may interfere with your hoverboard’s Bluetooth and cause a further problem. So you should follow each step correctly as described. First of all, install a hoverboard controller app on your phone then you can proceed to following steps, one of the best apps is Tao Tao App that is compatible with almost all devices:
- Make sure the connections of your hoverboard with the mobile app
- Look for a smooth and balanced surface to place your device over it
- Every app have a “Calibrate the Unit” option in it, find that option and open it
- Your app will provide you with calibration options, follow these guidelines
- Press the power button of your device to turn it OFF
- After waiting 10 seconds again turn it ON
After following all the above steps, your hoverboard has been calibrated and it is now ready to use. Do a test of your hoverboard to make sure it is working correctly.
How to reset a hoverboard in a few minutes?
To balance properly your hoverboard you need to reset it from time to time. A simple process is needed to be followed to reset your hoverboard properly.
- To reset your hoverboard, turn your hoverboard off by the assistance of a power button
- Now put your device on a flat surface ensuring that both the sides of your hoverboard are completely leveled
- Now press the power button for 3 seconds until the front lights begin to flash
- Repeat these steps 3 times to reset your hoverboard
If you think your hoverboard is not reset properly than you have to reset your hoverboard again. You should also check the wire connections before resetting.
Hoverboard problems and solutions:
Sometimes it happens many common and little problems to your self-balancing scooter. These problems are supposed to be get solved as soon as possible to own a safer ride.
What red lights indicate?
Red light is called as a warning light. A common issue arises which is indicated by the blinking of red light
- There arises a bad connection between wires or they have loosened
- Breakdown of the internal circuit
- Any defect in balance sensors
- Either one or both the wheel motors need replacement
- The battery needs replacement
Cables need reconnection when they have gone loose or their connections have gone bad. Unscrew the bottom of the board and have a bird’s eye view on each section.
Once you have found the main circuit board starts maintaining the internal circuit by disconnecting or reconnecting the wires. If after maintaining the internal circuit your device does not work then there is a need for replacing the motherboard by a new one.
Malfunctioning of balance sensors
Any problem in internal wiring connections can cause defects in balance sensors. These problems will stop sensors from working. If after resetting your device your problem is not solved then a resetting kit is the only solution.
Bad working of wheel motors
To fix this problem you need to buy a new motor for a bad working wheel. You have to disconnect the old motor to replace a new one. Reassemble the tools to get a better device.
Faults in battery
Inside a hoverboard, a battery may go bad due to many external and internal factors. In this, you need to replace the battery. Make sure that the new one works with your model.
How to Fix a Hoverboard does not turn ON?
If your hoverboard does not turn ON, first of all, check the battery level. If you do not see a green light on the charger box, it means the inner circuitry is damaged. In the case of an orange-colored flashlight, your battery may be defective and needs to be replaced.
One Side of Hoverboard not working correctly
Calibrate jetson strike hoverboard.
Jetson Strike hoverboard is a device launched by Jetson Company. Its maximum speed is up to 9mph covering a maximum of up to 10miles. You can climb using it up to 15 degrees and its weight is up to 16lbs. Its battery gives you a maximum of 3 hours of entertainment and it is recommended for the age group 12 years and more. This device starts beeping once the maximum speed is reached. This beeping is a warning to slow your speed. This device also beeps rather if the battery is discharged or it needs calibration. The smooth running of the device needs timely calibration of your hoverboard.
To recalibrate your Strike hoverboard, follow the following steps:
- turn your hoverboard off by pressing the OFF/ON button
- To ensure both sides of the hoverboard are balanced, place it on the smooth surface
- Press and hold the power button up to 3 seconds so that light begins to flash
- Repeat steps up to 3 times until your hoverboard is not set or calibrated
The Jetson Strike hoverboard is not Bluetooth enabled at this time, so you do not need to worry about its Bluetooth calibration.
Hoverboard beeping and not moving
There are different reasons why your hoverboard beeps.
Hoverboard beeps while charging
The hoverboard is not turning OFF and keeps beeping
This problem arises due to a faulty motherboard. You should invest a hoverboard kit online or bring it to repair. Keep in mind to match the new motherboard to yours otherwise, it causes a problem. You can do this by noticing the color of your hoverboard.
There are several reasons your hoverboard is not moving
Sometimes your hoverboard is ON but it does not move. This problem usually arises due to a faulty gyroscope that resides on both sides of the hoverboard.
When hoverboard light stays ON one side, it means the gyroscope of that side is faulty. There is no way to repair the gyroscope but you can replace it with a new one.
Otherwise when Hoverboard all lights stay ON but the hoverboard does not move is maybe both side gyroscope is not working. Hence the light remains ON but does not moves a bit.